Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs–a mixture of ground beef and pork are seasoned well and formed into meatballs and then simmered for hours in your slow cooker. A creamy gravy smothers the meatballs for a delicious dinner you’d love to have any day of the week.
Get the recipe for Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs here
Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Swedish meatballs are just one of those things that you should have more often than just the times that you shop at IKEA. They are well seasoned meatballs with a creamy gravy sauce…what could be better? Well actually, I think that adding in mushrooms to the gravy would make them better but that’s beside the point. I took a basic swedish meatball recipe that I found on Taste of Home and tweaked it to my liking and transformed it into a slow cooker recipe. My husband was loving this after he got home from work and kept saying, “these are so good!!” You can serve these over egg noodles or mashed potatoes or just straight up. It’s up to you.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
A mixture of ground beef and pork are seasoned well and formed into meatballs and then simmered for hours in your slow cooker. A creamy gravy smothers the meatballs for a delicious dinner you’d love to have any day of the week.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (0.87 oz) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, ketchup, bread crumbs, parsley, worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and chili powder. Crumble the meats over the mixture and use your clean or gloved hands to mix well.
- Pour 1 cup of beef broth into the bottom of your slow cooker. Shape the meat mixture into meatballs and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. I formed mine fairly large and there were 9.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Scoop the meatballs onto a platter and tent loosely with foil.
- Pour the broth from the slow cooker into a saucepan. Set on the stove top on medium high heat. Whisk in the gravy mix and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for one minute. Remove from the heat. Add in the sour cream. Season to taste.
- Serve gravy over the meatballs and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 meatball with gravy
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 636 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 17 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.