Slow Cooker Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers are wonderful classic meal that is easily made in the slow cooker.
This recipe for Slow Cooker Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers I used a marinara sauce, which was a first for me. I’ve made them with a sweetened diced tomato sauce, a salsa for the sauce, and a ketchup brown sugar topping. I really like the way these stuffed peppers are with the marinara sauce, it tasted great with the beef, rice and bell peppers.
I’ve been ordering my groceries online at Fred Meyer. That is not something you want to do if you want certain shape of bell peppers. I could not get these peppers to stand up! I had to cut the bottoms off to get them to stay upright. I had a good laugh about it later, but I did save some time not having to grocery shop.
There was extra filling after I stuffed the peppers, I add that to the marinara sauce at the bottom of the slow cooker.
Here is my YouTube video of this recipe, SO EASY! You can follow me on YouTube, here.
I think you will love this recipe. I’ve already made it again before I had time to post this! I hope try this recipe in-between some holiday recipes I have coming up. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Beef and Rice Stuffed Peppers
Author: Sarah Olson
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned
- 5 bell peppers, tops cut off and diced for filling
- 1.5 cups cooked rice (can be leftover rice)
- 1 (24-oz.) jar marinara sauce, divided
- 1 small white onion diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried tarragon (oregano works well too)
Slow Cooker Size:
- Add the beef, cut up bell pepper tops, rice, 1 cup of the marinara sauce, onion, salt, garlic powder, thyme and tarragon to a medium sized bowl. Stir.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling you just made. If there is any leftover filling add it to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add remaining marinara sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add the stuffed peppers in the slow cooker. I try not to let them rest on the sides of the slow cooker, but most of the time they end up falling over later.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
I used my trusty 6-quart slow cooker for this recipe, though any slow cooker 5-quarts or larger will work fine!
You may also like: Slow Coker Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.