Instant Pot Homestyle Vegetables–a big pot of red potatoes, carrots and green beans steamed in your Instant Pot in a few minutes. These vegetables make a perfect side dish to a chicken or beef dinner.
Instant Pot Homestyle Vegetables
Sometimes I struggle to know if I should share such easy, basic recipes like this one. But then I think, “hey we loved it and so might you.” Basically we loved the instant pot homestyle chicken and vegetables so much that we wanted to make just the vegetables in the Instant Pot to go along with some meat leftovers we had. My son apparently loves cooked carrots (something I never knew until last week), so I put plenty of carrots in there for him. I cut some medium sized red potatoes in half and then put in some fresh green beans.
I put a cup of water in the bottom of the pot and then used a steamer basket. These are pretty inexpensive and can be used for making hard boiled eggs, steaming veggies and for other recipes like this instant pot salisbury steak and mashed potatoes. I’ve really been happy with my steamer basket! It is an essential tool for any Instant Pot enthusiast. Then I just cooked the vegetables on a 5 minute pressure cook time and a 5 minute natural pressure release.
I didn’t season my vegetables before they cooked. I just let everyone salt and pepper to taste. But you could add in some seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, salt and pepper.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Homestyle Vegetables I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A big pot of red potatoes, carrots and green beans steamed in your Instant Pot in a few minutes. These vegetables make a perfect side dish to a chicken, fish or beef dinner.
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 lb whole peeled carrots, cut into large pieces
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, cut in half (if they are medium sized potatoes, if they are baby potatoes then don’t cut them at all)
- Pour water or broth into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place steamer basket* into the Instant Pot. Fill steamer basket with prepared potatoes, carrots and green beans. I like to put the potatoes on the bottom.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When the timer beeps indicating the time is up let the pot sit for 5 additional minutes if you want the vegetables a little more soft. If you like the vegetables less soft then perform a quick release. Then move the valve to venting.
- Open the pot and serve vegetables. We like to put a little butter on our veggies and some salt and pepper. You can season with whatever fancy seasonings you like!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can use baby carrots instead of whole carrots.
I haven’t made this particular recipe in the slow cooker yet, but you totally could. I would add all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Protein: 4 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Homestyle Vegetables? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.