This holiday appetizer Horseradish Cheese Spread is made in the slow cooker but cooled in little containers for holiday serving.
First, before you dive into making this Horseradish Cheese Spread, I want to make sure you know this recipe is for serving cold! This recipe makes a ton for the over holidays or one giant party. I found this recipe over at Sweet Little Bluebird and had to try it in the slow cooker, Mary got this recipe from her grandpa. I added pimentos for color and my husband and I both love pimentos.
Just cube up the Velveeta and add the other ingredients to the slow cooker. It only took 1 hour and 45 minutes to heat this up in the slow cooker, while I did other housework.
After the cheese has melted and there are no lumps in the cheese sauce, I put the warm cheese sauce into little decorative containers with lids, and let cool for about 4 hours in the fridge before serving. What’s great about putting in pretty containers is that during the party you can put out a fresh batch when another is gone.
I saw on Mary’s recipe that she used crackers with seeds and Triscuits. I think this spread is best with a cracker with texture to compliment the creaminess of the spread. I hope you give the recipe a try! Enjoy!
Horseradish Cheese Spread
- 2 lb. box velveeta cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-oz.) jar cream horseradish
- 2 (4-oz.) jars diced pimentos, drained
- 1 dash hot sauce
Slow Cooker Size:
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes, add to the slow cooker.
- Add the mayonnaise, horseradish, pimentos, and hot sauce, stir.
- Cover and cook on high for about 1 hour and 45 minutes, stirring about every 30 minutes.
- Or you can heat this up on the stove pot in a large pan, stir often.
- Spoon the cheese sauce into containers with lids and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with crackers and enjoy!
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot® for this recipe, though any slow cooker 4-quart or larger will work fine.
You may also like: Slow Cooker Turkey Chipotle Chili
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.