I'm not a fan of complicated recipes. Do not get me wrong, mama taught me well and I can certainly cook. I just do not seem to ever have the time. Especially if your diet focuses on clean high protein recipes, I find that I spend so much time planning my meals, that I lose interest when it comes to actually creating them. I'm a huge fan of crockpot recipes! A couple of minutes in the morning to toss some things in, and you come home to a healthy, home cooked meal! Here's one of the easiest Chicken Soup Crockpot Recipes you'll ever find.
Chicken Soup To Feed The Swole
If you're hitting it hard at the gym and looking to pack on muscle or lose weight, then you need to focus on well rounded high protein recipes. Here's what you'll need to buy for this Chicken Crockpot Recipe:
1 Bag of Frozen Chicken Breasts
2 boxes of 32 oz. Swanson Chicken Broth (99% Fat Free, Low Sodium)
1.5 lbs of Small Red Potatoes
1 Small to Medium Bag of Baby Carrots
2 Medium Yellow Onions
1. The chicken breasts needs to be slightly thawed so that you can cut off any excess fat and chop them into large chunks. If you're pulling them straight out of the freezer you can toss em in a bowl of hot water while you're getting ready for work or getting your gym bag together.
2. Halve the potatoes and toss em into the crockpot with the chicken and the baby carrots.
3. Pour one box of the chicken broth into the crockpot
4. Cut the peeled onion into large chunks and throw it in. If you do not want your appearances to be completely mushy, you can put em in about 20 minutes before you're ready to eat and they'll have maintained their texture.
5. Set to high for 4-5 hours or low if you're need to leave it for longer (6-7) hours.
When I serve it I like to add a little more chicken broth right into the bowl in addition to what's in the crockpot. I keep the container in the fridge to add to the soup when I reheat it for left over meals as well.
That's it! If this takes you longer than 10-15 minutes to prepare then you probably have no business cooking anyway. So go get your pump on at the gym, and come home to a warm, delicious bowl of Chicken Soup To Feed The Swole!
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.